Marmalade

system 4-50

Featured Posts

I made my 30lbs or so about 3 weeks ago. The cupboard is full ..... except that people keep saying "yum" and another jar disappears. But they do give the jars back in time for the strawberry jam!!

I made my 30lbs or so about 3 weeks ago. The cupboard is full ..... except that people keep saying "yum" and another jar disappears. But they do give the jars back in time for the strawberry jam!!

If you will make such good marmalade, what can you expect?

That's a lot, if you do that much in one go you must have a huge pan.

I make jam in a 5 litre stockpot, reckoning on about 3 to 3.5 kilos of fruit to use the capacity, and I get about 3 kilos or 7 pounds of jam. So for marmalade I use 2 kilos of Seville oranges and one of lemons.

I was going to make some marmalade this year as I'm down to my last 4 jars, but two weeks ago the stall holders in Croydon market told me I was too late. Was the crop early this year?

I'm not too worried because I made a lot of plum jam (see the "Plum Glut" topic) and quince jelly in the autumn.