Mail box or postal address?

kremmen

Featured Posts

I have done a search but can't find much.

I will be moving back aboard but will generally not have access to a postal address.

I am sure that I have read some posts on this but can't see them so can I ask for some alternatives.

Thanks.

Paul

Its been a while since we've seen you here Paul, welcome back. It would be so much easier if you had a mate or a rellie whose address you could use but failing that renting a PO box from Royal Mail is always an option. That would mean always having to go to the same Office to collect. There is a third option which is to use one of the mail forwarding companies such as Ship to Shore.would you have a permanent mooring or will you be CC?.

Phil

Hi all.

Thanks for the advice. I had forgotten all about the Boatmail. I a on here for a nose daily but have little constructive to add

I will either be cc ing for the summer on the Thames if I get the summer lockie relief job and finding somewhere for winter or I may have found a place near Reading for summer.

Paul

We have used Boatmail for five years now and can recommend John's service. There is the option to use an "ordinary" postal address that is acceptable to DVLA, banks etc whereas a PO address is not as far as I know. We cc so have our post forwarded every so often to PO poste restante which works well on the whole.

Val

Ive been using Boatmail since November when we lost our land address. It's great, they scan your post and email it to you. They can also keep it for you until you are somewhere where it can be forwarded.

Edited by canalpubs

Wow.

The knowledge on here is great.

I have looked at the poste restante service and it seems they need a household bill as well as ID but that isn't something I would have access to after a while. What do you use?

Also I am tending towards a friend / relative as an alternative but is there and conflict for things such as car insurance?

If using Boatmail real address option doesn't that mean that loads of cars would be registered at that address?

Paul

boatmail.co.uk does have many cars registered at the street address

But remember, where the vehicle is registered is a contact point and not necessarily where the car is kept an important point to note in being up front with any insurance as it may affect any claim !

Poste Restante (collecting mail at a Post Office) requires ID of the type they specify - you will find the list in any Post Office