Boats on the sea. What's involved?

Sabcat

Featured Posts

I don't know about 45, but Clint Eastwood was about 36 when playing the Man With No Name for the third time, and his character was doing well in a somewhat challenging occupation.

In my final days of 'work', whilst I was practising for my retirement, I was often known as 'The Name With No Man'!

Back in the mid 80's myself and some friends purchased an ex naval 48' pinnacle, sailed it across the channel. Through the French canals, hugged the coast of southern France and Italy and eventually hopped over to Malta. Previous experience of mine was the odd jaunt from Portsmouth to the Isle of Wight. Qualifications at the time nil and during the whole trip none of the authorities encountered asked for anything. Realise changes have since been made on the French canals, but on the sea it is still almost anything goes. Up until last year had a 35' yacht in Turkey and authorities never asked for any paperwork apart from insurance in the marina. Common sense, self preservation and respect for the sea goes a long way.