Cod Pine Nuts and Lemon

Bones

Featured Posts

I cooked this last night. You can use Cod, but there is also another gorgeous white fish out there that has a shrimpy type flavour.... I think its coley (?)

Cover the base of a pan with some green beans and add some glugs of olive oil.

season and chuck in some garlic (about one clove)

Add the fish, and put some strips of smokey bacon (or pancetta) over the fish and scattered in the beans.

Sprinkle with pine nuts and add a bit more olive oil.

Chop a lemon in half and dump that in there too.

Put it in the oven gas mark 7 or so... preheated, and cover it for the first 5mins, then uncover it for the next 10.

It comes out completely delicious. The lemon goes jammy and sweet and seeps into the pan.

It is totally gorgeous and comes from Jamie Oliver - but don't let that put you off.

I cooked this last night. You can use Cod, but there is also another gorgeous white fish out there that has a shrimpy type flavour.... I think its coley (?)

Add the fish, and put some strips of smokey bacon (or pancetta) over the fish and scattered in the beans.

Put it in the oven gas mark 7 or so... preheated, and cover it for the first 5mins, then uncover it for the next 10.

It comes out completely delicious. The lemon goes jammy and sweet and seeps into the pan.

It is totally gorgeous and comes from Jamie Oliver - but don't let that put you off.

Sounds divine - I'm gonna try that when I get home.

:D

Would be good with monkfish.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest The Gubbinment Inspector

Very Scrummy.. Mrs TGI and I had it for dinner last night