Moving a boat overland

Micha Cook

Featured Posts

Dear all,

To anyone that might remember, we are now proud owners of Bluebell! Following your advice we had another surveyor look at it who gave us the OK. We're also looking to moving it overland, following your warnings about cruising the rivers in wintertime. We've been given one quote for around £600 + VAT to move it from Fox's to Harefield Marina, does this seem reasonable? Does anyone have a particularly positive experience with boat movers?

Thank you,

Hi,

What length, it seems reasonable to me, but you will have to add costs for lifting out and in.

I did it with mine, 48 foot, Newark to Bletchley, £180 lift out and in (2005 costs) used Tuckeys.

L.

A B Tuckeys moved ours, did not directly pay, it was all in the cost of the boat.

Would recommend them, watching them lift, load, move the boat was amazing.

Where they managed to get the lorry, well many car drivers would have struggled.

Tuckeys.

Know what they are doing.

Also they are fully insured etc..

When they moved HM they also sorted out the lift & drop and got it cheaper than I could.

Stress free and a good day out shifting down the M1!

Ive used Hutchinson at Tuxford nr Newark twice this year ... once Watford to Newark, 2nd time Stourport to Newark, very impressive service, great price, no connection with them, just a very satisfied customer