car parking willington

matty40s

Featured Posts

Unfortunately, I need to leave my car in Willington for a few days, not at mercia marina, but near the station.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

It's fifteen minutes walk from the marina. No brainer.

Otherwise The Dragon pub.

The public cark park is the one that's next door to the Dragon just before the Train Bridge heading towards the old Power Station.

I don't think the Dragon would be to happy with someone taking a space in their already cramped car park.

That's a fair point TBH, I don't recall the public car park and the pub car park being one and the same, but it's a while since I have been there.

I would still be inclined to park at the marina and walk, I don't think the marina would object even if asked as the area around the office/tea rooms is quite big, all be it outside the bit of the marina secured behind the gates and fence.

The Marina parking has become quite tight as well due to the opening of the Boardwalk. It's still in it's honeymoon period so their are lots of cars around.

The Public carpark seems ok and you can park where its in view of the road or the canal would offer good security.

The Marina parking has become quite tight as well due to the opening of the Boardwalk. It's still in it's honeymoon period so their are lots of cars around.

The Public carpark seems ok and you can park where its in view of the road or the canal would offer good security.

Finally open!

Is that the pub and hotel? They always had plans for that, it seems to have taken ages.

Finally open!

Is that the pub and hotel? They always had plans for that, it seems to have taken ages.

It's called the Boardwalk. https://www.facebook.com/merciamarina There is a Bar Bistro which is great a few cloathes shops a furniture shops is on its way and there is a good Farm Shop. Like you say Martin it's long overdue and with us now having residential status it's the final piece of the jigsaw.... Oh and we now have an end mooring so keeps the costs down for Fat boat as well.

It's called the Boardwalk. https://www.facebook.com/merciamarina There is a Bar Bistro which is great a few cloathes shops a furniture shops is on its way and there is a good Farm Shop. Like you say Martin it's long overdue and with us now having residential status it's the final piece of the jigsaw.... Oh and we now have an end mooring so keeps the costs down for Fat boat as well.

Was beaten too it. The Hotel got dropped a year or so ago, so the original "lighthouse" shaped building at the end of the promentory has not been built. TBF I think they struggled to get the investors and had to scale it back.

The public cark park is the one that's next door to the Dragon just before the Train Bridge heading towards the old Power Station.

I don't think the Dragon would be to happy with someone taking a space in their already cramped car park.

The station car park is at the far end in the Dragon car park, it is shared and states that it is for station parking..