Favourite Pubs/Eateries guide by area

Yar Well

Featured Posts

Jon

Would it be possible to list favourite pubs/eateries in areas / canals / rivers for those that are cruising the system and not familiar with the area they are in.

Once reccomended by at least 2 or more members the Pub or Eaterie could be allowed to put their own info-sheet on the site /menus/opening times/facilities etc with a possible incentive for Canal World forum members to visit them.

TOM

YAR WELL ( WA DA YA FINK)

This is a great Idea if possible, it would mean I could search for pubs lets say on the Warwickshire Ring and see at a glance rather than trawling through the huge set of posts!

Is the a function in the forum that allows the creation of simple databases?

It's a good idea. The only way I can think of doing it is to follow a similar principle to the Links Directory whereby I members can post a pub by region?

Jon

Hi Jon

would it be possible to get the links from the breweries or the companies that own the venues list them by region as you say and then give them a rating/comment window as per the Gallery. Lot of work I know but it may be the way to go.

Regards

Tom

Yar Well ( who knows it may work!

B) Invision Board doesn't support that kind of system, so the only way would be to host it as a seperate entity to the board which in turn would create a number of other major problems and it's something I'm keen to avoid. I'll see if there is a modification script available that would help us. It's certainly a good idea though.

Jon

<_< Invision Board doesn't support that kind of system, so the only way would be to host it as a seperate entity to the board which in turn would create a number of other major problems and it's something I'm keen to avoid. I'll see if there is a modification script available that would help us. It's certainly a good idea though.

Jon

Jon, might be a good way to fund this board if you charged a company say £10 a year to advertise ??