Folding steps

Alan&sue

Featured Posts

Hi

I'm sure I saw a photo of a narrowboat with 2 fixed steps and the last 2 steps folded up to allow more space & I thought that's a great idea but I've looked on Google & can't find any :(

Does anyone know were we could buy these please

Sue

Hi

I'm sure I saw a photo of a narrowboat with 2 fixed steps and the last 2 steps folded up to allow more space & I thought that's a great idea but I've looked on Google & can't find any :(

Does anyone know were we could buy these please :)

Sue

Hi Sue

I'm not quite sure if you are suggesting that the bottom two steps of the rear steps can be made to fold up to give more floor space.

I have seen an idea which involves a raking ladder, used as access from the back deck, being hinged at the top to fold upwards to allow access to an inverter fitted behind the steps at floor level. I didn't think it was a great idea!

I can see it being possible to make the bottom two steps fold up and rest against the upper part of the flight, but if you are seeking extra storage, it might be better to make them steeper or consider a set of storage steps with lifting treads.

The lifting bottom steps idea wouldn't be difficult to do but they are not in common use so I don't have a set of plans.

If you look in my photo gallery there is a set of storage steps.

Mike.

Hi

The first two steps cover the engine it's the last 2 steps which I we would like to fold up for more floor space.

The boat we have is 30 ft by 8.6 wide & she is technically classed as a wide beam but we preferred to say she's a hi bred .

Sue :)

• 1 month later...

Do you mean these? (scroll down to see pics folded and unfolded)

Just about to suggest some we'd done on narrowboat Honesty, but you beat me to it Starman 8o)

Justin