Want a job?

sueb

Featured Posts

Contact usAbout usMy LondonJobs

Return to search results

Footpath Fundraiser for Canal & River Trust £9/hour

Job Type:Part-TimeLocation:Birmingham, Leeds, Nottingham, London Salary:£9/hourStart Date:ASAPDuration:on-goingReference:280219-CRTALLSW2

Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on email Share on print More Sharing Services

PAY: £9/HOUR

HOURS: Part time, flexible.

Canal & River Trust are looking to gather together a team of friendly and passionate people who love their wildlife to raise awareness and donations for the charity on the footpaths and along the canals!

You will be talking to the other path users, telling them about the charity and looking to get people signed up to a small monthly donation.

At the Canal & River Trust we're always looking to protect and improve our waterways for people and nature. Our cherished network of 2,000 miles of canals and rivers flows through the most beautiful countryside and vibrant cities that England and Wales have to offer.

Google 'Canal and River Trust for our website

AVAILABLE SHIFTS:

Minimum of 3 shifts/week

7 days/week, Hours available between 11am-5pm

(4 hour shifts between these hours)

You must be over 18 years old to apply.

Please click to reply, upload your CV and we'll call you back as quickly as we can.

Please Note

There is no need to provide bank account details or payment to any person or organisation when applying for a job.

If you have any concerns about this job then please report it to our Customer Service team.

Apply Now

Apply Now

Add to Shortlist

Email to a friend

Return to search results

This vacancy was placed on

20 Jun 2014 by

Canal & River Trust

Sarah

Return to search results

To be fair sir Nibble, the chuggers seem to have taken the message. Any chugger in Bathampton or bath who approached a boater tended to get an earful, explaining the finer details of the boat licencing scheme...

Boating or navigation is not part of their target group nor talk for other users. They only talk about walking, fishing, dog clapping, cycling, newt, voles, swans, etc ad nauseam..

I might be missing something ( and i've just come out of the Black Lion ) but why a conflict between boaters and wildlife. i'm into both.I think this is the problem at Elvington lock on the Yorks Derwent. I get the impression that the wildlife group don't want boats on the river up to Stamford Bridge, they own one set of condemned lock gates at Elvington and seem to have no intention of repairing them. I guess it could be economic but i'm not sure that's the only reason.