Crew available on River Wey

Wey Lass

Featured Posts

Flexible, practical and experienced ex-narrowboat owner who misses boating on the River Wey/ Thames. If you need an extra pair of hands onboard for locking, tea making duties, etc maybe I could join you for a cruise along the river? Good knowledge of canal boats.

Hi Barry

Thanks for your reply. I would love to join the trust and help out on your Wey runs.

Wow, can't believe I got a reply so quickly and also to help out on Historic narrowboats of all things. Jackpot!! smile.png I'll contact you later today if that's ok.

Kind regards.

Penny

• 1 month later...

Hi Wey Lass

My wife and I are holidaying in the UK next month with our 26' Sea Otter at Pyrford Marina. We are trailering to and from the Llangollen for 4 weeks but will finish up on the Wey for 2 weeks prior to our return to Australia at the end of September. Perhaps we can cruise from Pyrford to Guildford one day, I'm sure my wife would appreciate any help with the locks ! We have hired before but are looking forward to finally getting on our boat, bought sight unseen but carefully checked over prior to purchase..... I am still new on the forum so need to do a few more posts before I can pm. Cheers Mark

Hi Mark

I would love to be able to come and help you and your wife out in September.

Like yourself, I'm also new to the site so need a few more posts. Is it 5 we need before we can PM do you know?

Penny

Hi Penny

Yes it's 5 or 6 but they have to be on different topics. Will post a few more replies to different topics, then PM you.

Cheers Mark

I don't think that's right. Five posts in a single topic or thread will do the trick and give a new poster access to the PM system AFAIK.

MtB

• 4 weeks later...

I'm totally confused by this 5 posts thing!

It's not that hard. It comes right after your 4th post, and just before your 6th.

It's also the minimum number of posts you need to use the PM system.

Welcome to the forum.

Hi Steff

My cooking is great. Currently got a fab curry recipe ticking over in my slow cooker for a dinner party this evening. :-)

May be able to help you out depends when?

Think we may possibly know each other? Is your boat name TR its initials and are you onboard with Anna & James?

(If so I was with you on cruise 12 and helped you with the GU locks downstream from Hemel Hemstead?)

If you do one more short post back you'll then have 5 and will be access the private message service on here so we can discuss the details more if you so wish.

Penny

Ok Steff no probs. What I'll do is send him a text as not sure if you're currently cruising and are able to answer the mobile. Give me a call whenever its convenient for you to chat.

Be great to see you all again. Recall that you're heading my wey (get it?) soon. x

• 11 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...