Noisy fridge freezer

ditchcrawler

Featured Posts

In Waterways World some is complaining that their Isotherm Fridge/freezer vibrates throughout the boat so I just looked to see what fridge it was. If I paid that money for a fridge and could here it running I would want someone out to fix it

its here http://www.defender.com/product.jsp?path=-1%7C2276204%7C2276226%7C2276235&id=764915

The question and answer online is here http://www.waterwaysworld.com/questionspost.cgi?post=968

Edited by ditchcrawler

HOLY COW. That's expensive. And it looks... like... a fridge...

Surely you'd want it to look like an Imperial 1 Class Star Destroyer for that money...

Or, at the very least, not make your boat sing.

Yes, But the Biggest problem with the Imperial 1s was they was Very slow, in relation to there mass, and would play havoc with the space time interface before reaching the perceived Event Horizon from multiple view points and orientations giving a complete misconception of time itself.

That, & they only had one spare Cassette for 700 crew !

The class 2s was Awesome though,, They had Pumpouts !

Edited by Paul's Nulife4-2

Plus upon reaching the event horizon which is scary there would be a mad dash to the heads and 699 starship troopers all hammering on the door while No 700 hogged the bog, the ensuing noise wpuld in fact drown the sound of the fridge.

Maybe the fridge was made noisy so you could tell it was working, being loud enough to hear over 699 bods hammering on the door while one sits inside whistling.

Phil

clapping.gifclapping.gif

There you go, the Vibrating isotherm fridge freezer mystery solved.

Open the door and look for signes of lazer burnes !.

In all seriousness, isotherm is quite a well respected maker of such things, regarded as more the top end of kit.

So I would emagine it's more an installation fault, or even 'Dirty' power supply problems (if there is such a thing).

My fridge is an isotherm and cost about £700. It vibrates a bit (but not so that you'd notice in any other part of the boat) and only when the batteries are getting low. It kinda shudders into play as if not in the mood. Runs fine though. But mine is free standing.