Collingwood or Liverpool Boats or whaaaat?

pedroinlondon

Featured Posts

I have a 12 by 65 boat bought a couple of years ago from slightly dodgy The New and Used Boat Co.

Then the builders were called Collingwood. I searched for that name and they don't seem to exist! Is it true that they routinely change their name from Collingwood to Liverpool Boats and back again? If so why (i can guess why...).

I just want to check how much a boat with the same specs of mine but the info could be relevant to new buyers. Thanks.

Alas you are wrong.

Liverpool boats trade under the name Collingwood they don't keep changing names.

My understanding is Aintree boats are a separate company altogether. I stand to be corrected.

Collingwood shells are indeed the same outfit as the Liverpool boat crew, Daughter-in-law or something. the usual 'go bust and start up under another name' I believe.

I have looked at Aintree ads in the mags, very similar to the old Liverpool ads...'Britains best value boatbuilder' . also looked at an Aintree boat when we were out on the cut a couple of weeks ago, the similarities to our Liverpool boat are amazing!!

I think I'm right in saying they are now the Aintree Boat Company

You are wrong. Aintree have nothing to do with Liverpool Boats. Aintree were formed by a customer of Skater Marine when they went bust.

Liverpool Boat never went bust I think some need to check their facts before spouting complete rubbish and yes Collingwood did own LB and when they decided the market could no longer sustain mass produced boats they closed down LB oh and I am another happy LB owner

Oh and as far as I know nothing dodgy about NBC they just happen to be very successful and that can pass some people off

Yes... Back to the other part of my op if i may. How come there is no sign of Collinwood on the net? Where are they selling their boats?

And to the person with the KMarx icon: speak for yourself as far as The New and UBC is concerned. My experience in very different and so is many other people's.

They are selling their boats from Liverpool the clue is in previous name Liverpool Boats. Amazing how NBC is so successful but then I and lots of others have had good service from them and are always happy to recommend

Sorry you found the name Cotswoldsman difficult

I have a 12 by 65 boat bought a couple of years ago from slightly dodgy The New and Used Boat Co.

Then the builders were called Collingwood. I searched for that name and they don't seem to exist! Is it true that they routinely change their name from Collingwood to Liverpool Boats and back again? If so why (i can guess why...).

I just want to check how much a boat with the same specs of mine but the info could be relevant to new buyers. Thanks.

http://www.collingwoodboatbuilders.co.uk/

Yes Aintree boats are a completely different outfit all together. As Adam said they were Skater marine until they went bust in 2010. But it was actually set up by an employer of Skater not a customer. As I no him very well

It depends who you're talking about. David Flynn was a customer, and became MD.

I paid 5k got the boat on time. No hand over as in contract and no reply to my calls or emails from about 3 weeks prior to delivery. Not great when you handed a total of 40k.

Moved to Roydon Marine where there were about 7 (fully fitted) Collingwood owners with all kinds of problems. I had no problems with the boat itself.

That link on you comment DeanS is if Collinwood boats?

I paid 5k got the boat on time. No hand over as in contract and no reply to my calls or emails from about 3 weeks prior to delivery. Not great when you handed a total of 40k.

Moved to Roydon Marine where there were about 7 (fully fitted) Collingwood owners with all kinds of problems. I had no problems with the boat itself.

That link on you comment DeanS is if Collinwood boats?

It's Lymm Marina Boat Sales...who get their shells from Liverpool boats