Simple silence

geoffwales

Featured Posts

On holiday this week and I woke this morning moored nr heatons bridge at 4.30am, rain was bouncing like mad in the roof so no chance of getting back to sleep.

Made a coffee and sat in the cockpit looking at the ducks waking up for the days chasing boats for bread routine. Everything in the world was fine for a moment

Then set off home around 7.00 am, saw a drowned dog, prop got chewed on wood, canopy started leaking, ran out of fuel, realised no bacon, to early for cafe, idiotic text messages from work, credit card statement when i arrived home, mouldy strawberries in fridge and thought if i had only slept in a bit longer i wouldnt feel so grumpy.x

Why is it the sound of rain on a boat / tent / caravan sounds so good? Strange really.

It is clear the OP made one serious mistake, everything was fine until he "set off home" ... the moral of the story is therefore don't go home .. stay out on the cut!

Why is it the sound of rain on a boat / tent / caravan sounds so good? Strange really.

!

Because it's outside, you're protected from it and immune to it and, as noted above, it thus enhances your feeling of cosiness (or, for Transatlantics, coziness).

I am surprise by Geoff's reaction to geese noises - I have always found the sounds of ducks and geese going about their business to be one of the attractions of boating. I am especially impressed when a squadron of geese flies over in close formation, honking away as they go, "multi-tasking" I guess it would be called nowadays. This happened here ten minutes ago!

It is clear the OP made one serious mistake, everything was fine until he "set off home" ... the moral of the story is therefore don't go home .. stay out on the cut!

Lol lesson learned

Because it's outside, you're protected from it and immune to it and, as noted above, it thus enhances your feeling of cosiness (or, for Transatlantics, coziness).I am surprise by Geoff's reaction to geese noises - I have always found the sounds of ducks and geese going about their business to be one of the attractions of boating. I am especially impressed when a squadron of geese flies over in close formation, honking away as they go, "multi-tasking" I guess it would be called nowadays. This happened here ten minutes ago!

Sorry wasnt aware it sounded negative, it was meant to say all is well whilst watching them waking up for the day,