Clearance on limehouse cut

Doubleh

Featured Posts

I'm talking to a friend about letting them use my mooring on limehouse cut (between commercial road and Burdett road bridges) over the summer while we are away cruising. They have a modern Dutch barge with an air draft of approx 10' with wheelhouse up and 7' down. We have a narrowboat style widebeam so need give much thought to air draft.

I see nicholsons gives a clearance of 6'9 from limehouse to how. Does anyone know where the limitations are, and whether it would be possible to get a boat of this height to our location, wheelhouse up or down, either up the cut or along the Hertford Union?

Thanks

I'm talking to a friend about letting them use my mooring on limehouse cut (between commercial road and Burdett road bridges) over the summer while we are away cruising. They have a modern Dutch barge with an air draft of approx 10' with wheelhouse up and 7' down. We have a narrowboat style widebeam so need give much thought to air draft.

I see nicholsons gives a clearance of 6'9 from limehouse to how. Does anyone know where the limitations are, and whether it would be possible to get a boat of this height to our location, wheelhouse up or down, either up the cut or along the Hertford Union?

Thanks

Hertford Union might be tight, we are 6'4 and at the last bridge before Regent's we had maybe 4-5" clearance. We were approaching extremely slowly as we weren't sure if we would fit.

I do understand that, as mentioned I never really look up when going under bridges as height is rarely relevant to me!

I know that the road bridge is not the highest but haven't found the height published anywhere. If it comes to it I can get down there at the weekend with a tape measure but I thought someone may have experience of taking a similarly sized boat through here - or via one of the alternative routes as per the other helpful comment about Hertford Union

I do understand that, as mentioned I never really look up when going under bridges as height is rarely relevant to me!

I know that the road bridge is not the highest but haven't found the height published anywhere. If it comes to it I can get down there at the weekend with a tape measure but I thought someone may have experience of taking a similarly sized boat through here - or via one of the alternative routes as per the other helpful comment about Hertford Union

We took our boat through Limehouse Cut, up the Lee and Hertford and as I was saying earlier, last bridge on Hertford was the lowest. I would imagine it should be ok to go under mentioned road bridge on LHC even with slightly higher air draft.

Thanks

Not trying to put a spanner in the works but I've seen comments on here before about people wanting to let others uses their mooring (not specificity Limehouse) and their mooring agreement not allowing it.

Best to just check your agreement to make sure its allowed and there are no issues.