Single handed wide beam and older boat people getting through the system

woodjam

Featured Posts

Just to clarify, in case anything I might have typed in relation to Capt Fizz was taken seriously, I actually know him in real life and consider him both a friend and very knowledge boater / fabricator, all comments were made in jest. And for anyone who knows him would know that his comments about the "young ones" was also made very much in jest.

Hi Bettie, I don't think that anyone got the wrong end of the stick, certainly not me, so no sweat.

Phil

Actually there is community spirit here but also a few (and I mean a few) young'uns who have yet to learn that life can and will bite you on the bum and one day they will be old too. Despite all the self rightuous "Look out for yourself" and "if you're old get of the cut" they surely will be in an oldies shoes one day.

Phil

Yep, well said Phil.

So no community spirit on here then ..

I Am surprised.

Posted 30 December 2012 - 08:22 PM

Mrs T writes:

I note the OP hasn't reappeared since their page one pearls of wisdom. Well Mr/Mrs/Ms (whatever you are) Waterworks, methinks you doth protest too much without opening your eyes. Look at the Christmas banter thread or the response to Tree's boat sinking and you may find (providing you remove the blinkers first) that this is a community who rise to a challenge in the face of adversity or need for another. We may decide to have a bloody good piss up during the course of a thread or banter but I have yet to meet any similar community in the flesh or online which would come to your aid as quickly as CWDF members volunteer. cheers.gif

As for threads going off topic, that is part of the attraction of this forum. Being belligerent / forceful / argumentative / completely off your trolley adds to the flavour of debate. Get to know us then you will see we are actually very friendly and tolerant but love to play devils advocate when the occasion arises.

Thinking about it, perhaps Waterworks is in the deckchair / popcorn business as this thread has now grown like Topsy.......laugh.gif

Mrs T

This thread:
Edited by Ray T

Hi Bettie, I don't think that anyone got the wrong end of the stick, certainly not me, so no sweat.

Phil

Ta Phil hug.gif

My response was more toward Woodjam's "non community" comment .... then thought maybe others took my tongue in cheek comments for real, so thought I'd better clarify; I know you well enough now, to appreciate if you had taken it any way other than my intention you would have kindly brought it to my attention that I was being a bit of a numpty cheers.gif xo

Wo I dont take offence I take a gate its a lot lighter.Betty your not a numpty.

Mrs T Life is about having fun even on line.

My opening question was to stimulate debate on what happens to us free spirits when we are either single handed or Over the age of 70.

Getting off the water is not an option for many. Unless they are carted off to care homes.

Perhaps another venture for crt. Care home moorings.

With zimmer frames made to look like rudders.

My opening question was to stimulate debate on what happens to us free spirits when we are either single handed or Over the age of 70.

Getting off the water is not an option for many. Unless they are carted off to care homes.

As I'm rapidly approaching my 3 score and 10 I'll let you know what happens, watch this space (hopefully) LOL

Phil

I was using my Wife's quote with regards to your comment:

"Posted 21 March 2014 - 08:43 PM

So no community spirit on here then ..

I Am surprised."

Not your opening post to which you appear to have given an answer. I am not sure whether your "community spirit" comment is in jest or serious?

Edited by Ray T

Community spirit

I will see when I navigate the Wigan flight single handed in a wide beam.

How many boaters are community minded when I slow them down.

But who knows there might be 100,000 willing volunteers.