Twin Tuner, View21

deckhand

Featured Posts

HI, Have recently bought a View21 Twin Tuner for our television.

This machine plugs into tele and aerial, tunes the tv into as many channels as it can find. Then once tuned in, allows us to pause, record on 2 channels whilst watching another.

Sounds great, BUT, it seems to be very sensitive. Only got to knock the box and it needs retuning.

When tuning, it gives an option of East Mids or West Mids . The book advises where the aerial needs to be pointing - ie, towards the mast in Sutton Coldfield for W Mids or toward Nottingham for E Mids.

Problem is, having tried various combinations, moving of aerial, we manage to get one or two channels working well and then it will start to hiccup by picture stopping but voice carrying on.

Does anyone else have one of these Twin Tuners? have you had the same issue at all? Do you have any advice?

Thanks

Kim

We have a twin tuner Freeview+ box at home (not on the boat), before I bought it I read a bunch of reviews and their tuners are often accused of being weak, compared to a normal telly. We're I n a reasonably good signal area so its a non-issue, but on a boat, especially if you moved around, it would be a bit of a nightmare. Also its main utility would be compromised (your aerial would need to be erected and aligned for recordings, so if you wanted to record while on the move, would be awkward!).

We have a twin tuner Freeview+ box at home (not on the boat), before I bought it I read a bunch of reviews and their tuners are often accused of being weak, compared to a normal telly. We're I n a reasonably good signal area so its a non-issue, but on a boat, especially if you moved around, it would be a bit of a nightmare. Also its main utility would be compromised (your aerial would need to be erected and aligned for recordings, so if you wanted to record while on the move, would be awkward!).

probably not so bothered about when we on move to be honest, but for now, wintery evenings, here in one spot in marina, we thought it would be good to be able to record (and use the pause as we have 5 dogs wanting breaks, usually just when a really good programme is on),

We get quite a good signal on the aerial, when just on television, good pic, good reception, lots of channels so we thought that just by plugging the twin tuner in, this would not be disrupted as the tuner still picks up from the aerial.

thanks for response

Is that just a recorder? or does that offer the pause and record and watch facility too?

Is that just a recorder? or does that offer the pause and record and watch facility too?

Sorry, scratch that question, looked it up after i posted. It is the same as the view21 twin recorder.

Some recorders are very sensitive to cross channel interference - Before I discovered Humax, I had a Topfield and somehow it managed to sense channels miles away and in the wrong direction.

The only solution was to do a manual tune which means:-

• Finding out which is the stronger transmitter group for your location
  • Noting down which channel frequencies your transmitter uses
  • entering / selecting each one in turn.

It's not difficult, only slightly tedious, but tends to put folks off in the first place. All the info is on the web, so come back and somebody will explain the process better than I.

Some sets will complain about duplicate channels - but the challenge is to find out which ones to delete...

we had the box on the wall. I don't know whether it is coincidence but I have retuned it and I seem to be getting a much better reception. Little bit of freezing but on the whole, not too bad. Just scared to move the damned thing now.

It certainly puts me off having to do manual tuning ;{ especially if I have to move the box or it gets knocked. I don't mind doing the auto tuner.