rubbish 1st post

joerobo

Featured Posts

sorry for rubbish post but. Stolen from k&a near staverton 2 solar panels 26 or 27 dec. If any one hears anything let me know. 3 boats past on 27th going towards devizes might of seen something. Silver frames in wooden frame work. Thanks joe

• Greenie 1

Welcome to the forum Joe.

Sorry to hear about the theft. Chances are it was boaters. Sadly getting more common now, boaters stealing from boaters. Fix everything down!

Don't worry about making rubbish posts, you should try reading some of mine it doesn't stop me! :D

MtB

Hi Jo weclome

Really sorry to hear this, how fecking annoying.

We're not that far from you in Seend, we'll keep our eyes open.

Also posting like this warns other boaters, so your post is extremely valuable as you tipped us off at the very least, but there are many other boaters who will read this though and will also be thankful.

Do you have any photo's of the panels btw? what size too, Is it also possible that they were nicked from the tow path?

Greenie awarded

Hi Jo weclome

Really sorry to hear this, how fecking annoying.

We're not that far from you in Seend, we'll keep our eyes open.

Also posting like this warns other boaters, so your post is extremely valuable as you tipped us off at the very least, but there are many other boaters who will read this though and will also be thankful.

Do you have any photo's of the panels btw? what size too, Is it also possible that they were nicked from the tow path?

Greenie awarded

Good point from Julynian about raising awareness of a thief about in the area.

But another possibility, might they just be lying in the bottom of the cut given the high winds we've had recently?

Were they fixed down and if so, how? Have the cables been nicely disconnected or just ripped apart?

MtB

Good point from Julynian about raising awareness of a thief about in the area.

But another possibility, might they just be lying in the bottom of the cut given the high winds we've had recently?

Were they fixed down and if so, how? Have the cables been nicely disconnected or just ripped apart?

MtB

Of course, very good point Mike detective.gif

All cables pulled apart.we have dreged around boat with no luck but will keep trying. They are 2 100 watt panels in a rough wood frame. Thanks joe

Hmmm sounds like the wind might be the culprit then. If I were nicking panels to use myself or flog I'd disconnect them nicely.

With a wood frame attached they may well have drifted downstream quite a long way before sinking. Or are you on a canalised section?

MtB

P.S. were they fixed down or just resting on the roof?

P.P.S. I'm half expecting mine to be missing too when I get to the boat tomorrow, as mine aren't (weren't?) secured in place either.... :(

Hmmm sounds like the wind might be the culprit then. If I were nicking panels to use myself or flog I'd disconnect them nicely.

With a wood frame attached they may well have drifted downstream quite a long way before sinking. Or are you on a canalised section?

MtB

P.S. were they fixed down or just resting on the roof?

P.P.S. I'm half expecting mine to be missing too when I get to the boat tomorrow, as mine aren't (weren't?) secured in place either.... sad.png

Its all nice gentle canal at that end, not that scary flowing stuff like at Reading (and Newbury!)

.............Dave

Geez. What's the world coming to. Thought boaters looked after each other.

By and large they do, but there are some amoral shitbag boaters out there too.

I had my cloths cut and coal stolen from my boat a couple of months ago, while the boat was moored a half-mile walk from the nearest road. I can't imagine it was anyone other than a boater.

MtB

Edited by Mike the Boilerman