gas locker

Detling

Featured Posts

I would like to mount brackets to retain my anchor on the cockpit side of the bulkhead between the gas locker and the well deck/cockpit. (these are for storage and not for anchoring so no real heavy load)

How can these brackets be mounted? I would like to bolt them through the bulkhead, but is this allowed? reading the BSS this requires the bulkhead to be gas tight up to the level of the top of the gas bottles and these bolts would be lower.

If you cannot use through bolts how does the panel that holds the regulator and valves pass the BSS as this has bolts from outside in to the locker, I suppose it could be coated with some sealant before being bolted down tight and the holes are well away from the edge.

Yes I have read the other thread. The bulkhead in question is into the cockpit which is also drained overboard, so the rain doesn't fill the boat and is not the interior of the vessel. Also this question of a bolt filled hole needs resolving as I believe there are many boats with items bolted on which have been there for years.

Yes I have read the other thread. The bulkhead in question is into the cockpit which is also drained overboard, so the rain doesn't fill the boat and is not the interior of the vessel. Also this question of a bolt filled hole needs resolving as I believe there are many boats with items bolted on which have been there for years.

Well if the bolts are on to an exterior bulkhead, so any gas that gets through them would be able to flow overboard unimpeded, then that's not going to be a problem for the BSS.

An obvious alternative would be to weld the brackets in place, but that may well be more awkward to do.