Possibility of VHF radios on canals

geoffwales

Featured Posts

Boys toys!!!!!

For the majority of this forum probably yes, but one person's meat is another's poison and for people like me they, and a lot more besides are essential safety kit that it would be silly and irresponsible to be without on a North Sea crossing or even a coastal passage.

For the majority of this forum probably yes, but one person's meat is another's poison and for people like me they, and a lot more besides are essential safety kit that it would be silly and irresponsible to be without on a North Sea crossing or even a coastal passage.

No argument but the thread is about canals

Howard

So after all that, what use would they be on the canal network? For a start if you are sinking you either jump off the NB or walk to the bank if you are quick enough, if you cant swim then if your on a boat either at sea or the cut then you should learn to swim or wear a life jacket.

So why on a canal?

So after all that, what use would they be on the canal network? For a start if you are sinking you either jump off the NB or walk to the bank if you are quick enough, if you cant swim then if your on a boat either at sea or the cut then you should learn to swim or wear a life jacket.

So why on a canal?

It depends on the canal.

We have VHF on a canal.

Though since the reduction in commercial traffic on our local canals it has been needed less. Hopefully we will need it more again in the future.

<I just hate the way some forum members define 'canal' as some shallow muddy ditch in the Midlands.>

It depends on the canal.

We have VHF on a canal.

Though since the reduction in commercial traffic on our local canals it has been needed less. Hopefully we will need it more again in the future.

<I just hate the way some forum members define 'canal' as some shallow muddy ditch in the Midlands.>

They could be posh river folk who snub at the canal lol.