New LED lights keep flickering?

Featured Posts

Have you checked all connections are tight. Seems like a bad connection somewhere to me. Usually the complaint is LED's interfering with dab radio.

The other thing is other 12v equipment running could possibly cause this too, fans motors. Just try elimination process, my money's on a bad connection though.

Either loose connections or other noisy electrical equipment. If it happens with the engine running check the alternator/s. Bulbs respond very slowly and mask all sorts of problems. LEDs are fast and will respond to every transient on the electrical system.

We've one LED "bulb" that flickers a bit, and I've concluded that it is a faulty unit. It seems as if one or more of the individual LEDs in the group making up the unit may be cutting out intermittently. We have about ten of these units in different light fittings around the boat, but only one seems to do this. I have a spare so since it's somewhere where the flickering isn't too annoying, I'm leaving it for now. I assume it will eventually fail completely, whereupon I'll unscrew the light fitting and fit the spare. I can't be bothered until it does go "Phut" though.