Three The One Plan - Not as good as it seems?

Richard10002

Featured Posts

I realise this is a 3 thread but my Giff Gaff sim (in my iPhone) has been mostly on E in Leeds City centre by the university for the last few weeks.

I presume there is an upgrade issue going on. 4g equipment is backwards compatible with 3G but 3G is not backwards compatible with 2G. This could explain why data is affected but you still have coverage. Edge is a 2G service and will be on separate hardware at the cell site.

Also, I think that cell sites are put on reduced poorer whilst people are working on them. TV transmitters certainly are.

This is one of the issues for me with Three it,s 3G or nothing as a minimum.

At least the other networks can drop back to a 2g service giving at least a basic internet service.

I do wonder how long 2g will last though?

Has a cell (ie. .mast) been removed? Happened to us - used to be a cell on a factory near our moorings, the factory went and the mast went with it.

I get 8-10Mb before 3pm and after midnight, so it can't be a mast issue. It's not always as cut and dried as 3pm and midnight..... I got about 8Mb up to 8pm last night, then it slowed to about 1Mb. It usually doesn't improve until after midnight.

• 2 years later...