Hampton Hall Moorings - Grand Union Canal

alright serry

Featured Posts

Hi I have residential moorings in Cheshire but am relocating south next year due to work. I have heard about moorings at Hampton Hall Farm on the GU Canal but i cannot locate any contact details for them to see if i can add to the waiting list. Does anyone have any contact details for them or indeed any other suitable moorings in the area. I am quite flexible with location anywhere south of tring on the GU, anywhere on the kennet and avon up to bath and anywhere on the paddington arm of the GU would be do-able. Its a little difficult with not actually living in that area at the moment to find good information so any help appreciated. Moorings not needed until June / July 2014 but am willing to either go on a waiting list and if needed pay in advance to secure. Its for a 70ft narrowboat Thanks

You would have to wait for someone to die to get a chance to get a mooring there, As scarce as hens teeth.

Or buy a boat that is already on one, which I believe a former forum member did.

I'm sure that's encouraged him!

Its an honest answer to the question from someone with good local knowledge though!

I do not do gentley, it is the only way to tell it. I do know someone who is selling a pontoon house boat (no engine), you could buy that, scrap it on site (as it will not go under many bridges) and move your boat onto the mooring.

Hi not too many requirements really water would be No1, followed by car parking. We don't need electric. In an ideal world a linear mooring like I have now but I am coming to the conclusion I might just have to grab anything I can to start with any other alternative recommendations would be appreciated thanks

I do not do gentley, it is the only way to tell it. I do know someone who is selling a pontoon house boat (no engine), you could buy that, scrap it on site (as it will not go under many bridges) and move your boat onto the mooring.

I noticed what looked like a Hampton Hall Farm mooring on Boatshed Grand Union yesterday when looking at boats for a friend. Don't know if it's already sold. Seemed to be an awful lot of money! Certainly more than I have or could get a mortgage for.

Debbi