Red Diesel Petition

RickH

Featured Posts

That's the problem, these e-petitions are a waste of time because the Government don't even look at them until they get 100,000 signatures and as I understand it there are only 15,000 people who live on narrowboats.

Is this a fact or general belief ? Written somewhere ? And this doesn't just affect liveaboards , it effects all boaters .

There are around 450,000 HGV drivers in the UK, the ratio of HGV drivers to narrowboat owners is about 30:1.

Overnight parking for HGV drivers is woefully inadequate, and every few months an HGV driver will start an e-gov petition pointing this out and requesting better facilities, I have yet to see one such petition which has attracted more than 4,000 signatures.

There are around 450,000 HGV drivers in the UK, the ratio of HGV drivers to narrowboat owners is about 30:1.

Overnight parking for HGV drivers is woefully inadequate, and every few months an HGV driver will start an e-gov petition pointing this out and requesting better facilities, I have yet to see one such petition which has attracted more than 4,000 signatures.

I'll be interested to know if there is a published cut off for the number of signitures you need .

Have to say I get very annoyed , e-petitions is trying to short cut our system and give politicians a even easier life.

Or system is build on the grounds that if you have a problem you go and see you MP and if even more people saw their MP he took that problem to parliament and if there was support from other MP there changed the law or brought in a new one, If he did not do that you voted against him next election (the party he is in is secondary in or system). but with e-petitions lazy MP's tell you sign the petition on line for you problem, that's a cop out so he can have a easy life and so he does not up said his party.

Rant over

It's ludicrous to suggest that boats should run on white diesel. White diesel is also known as DERV, and DERV stands for "Diesel Engine Road Vehicle".

Actually the vehicle is known as a "Diesel Engine Road Vehicle" identifying it as a road vehicle that has a diesel engine.

I suppose the equivalent would be calling your boat a "Diesel Engine Canal Vehicle" though the acronym doesn't work nearly as well.