Cassi Crow

Featured Posts

Also be careful of Jim Shead's site - it's a wonderful resource but has limitations. I keep meaning to get in touch with him to report the dual entries for our boat:-

IONA Built by OTHER - Length 17.06 metres (56 feet ) - Beam 1.82 metres (6 feet ) - Draft 0.01 metres ( ) Metal hull, power of 999 BHP. Registered with Canal & River Trust number 49724 as a Powered. Last registration recorded on 22-May-2013.

IONA II Built by Doug Moore - Length 17 metres (55 feet 9 inches ) - Beam 2 metres (6 feet 7 inches ) Diesel . Registered with EA Thames Region number F009766. Last registration recorded on 02/03/2006.

Iona was built by Doug Moore and for a while, while on EA waters, was known as Iona II. Only a few inches in the reported length but still an interesting anomaly. Also if you looked up Iona built by Doug Moore you'd assume our boat hadn't been licenced since 2006. Not Jim Shead's fault because once she was licenced under BW/CRT she reverted to Iona.

ETA oh heck our beam is different by 7 inches - do I need to measure that now!

Edited by Ange

. It's the moorings I love, rather than the boat. The boat seems pretty standard to me, but ideal as a first boat. My intention was to sell it on after a year or so, when I know if the lifestyle is definitely for me, then buy my dream boat at those moorings.

I'm a total newbie, however I've got to say that first sentence says all I need to know.

You sound like you are willing to spend the best part of a years wage (for most people) on a boat you don't love, that you don't have a survey on, the owner is being evasive about and you know next to nothing about. You are not even guaranteed the mooring.

For me it's a no brainer, walk away.

If its the mooring you are after specifically, then speak to the marina?

Spending a lot of money, deal in facts....why don't you pay someone to come with you?

Thanks, MtB and Ange :)

I had a number of concerns, but all sorted out by spending a day together and asking lots of questions.

Thanks for all the advice from all here too.

Dog House yes, I agree, and my head and heart are both happy.

Richard10002 I'm not trying to be vague, but I think that's between me and the seller. Sometimes these decisions are about more than money anyway, there were a number of factors here.

Richard10002 I'm not trying to be vague, but I think that's between me and the seller. Sometimes these decisions are about more than money anyway, there were a number of factors here.

No problem :) I was just wondering whether you were having a survey? Happy to be told it's none of our business :)