DIY Paintjob: polytunnel hire

moebius

Featured Posts

In that case you're surrounded by places that offer a wide range of DIY type services. Might be worth giving the marina's a call and seeing who has what available and when.

I know the painter at our place was away for two weeks end of last month and rented out his floating paintshop for that period.

My base is Nantwich atm but I would be able to travel quite a bit, if the place is suitable.

cheers

There's a polytunnel at Bunbury (Anglo Welsh) but I'd strongly advise NOT to use a polytunnel for painting. The tunnel traps moisture/condensation and is worse than trying to paint outside. The only way to eliminate this is to use a large diesel heater (expensive on fuel) to raise the temperature inside and try dehumidify the air in the process. At this time of year, you're much better watching the weather forecasts carefully, picking a day and just do it on the towpath. There's plenty of places between here and Nantwich you can moor to near a winding hole, so you can do both sides.

There's a polytunnel at Bunbury (Anglo Welsh) but I'd strongly advise NOT to use a polytunnel for painting. The tunnel traps moisture/condensation and is worse than trying to paint outside. The only way to eliminate this is to use a large diesel heater (expensive on fuel) to raise the temperature inside and try dehumidify the air in the process. At this time of year, you're much better watching the weather forecasts carefully, picking a day and just do it on the towpath. There's plenty of places between here and Nantwich you can moor to near a winding hole, so you can do both sides.

The motorway bridge at Preston Brook is a very popular towpath destination for painting.

Covered, next to a junction for winding, across the cut from Midland Swindler's - but it is a bit noisy!

The motorway bridge at Preston Brook is a very popular towpath destination for painting.

Covered, next to a junction for winding, across the cut from Midland Swindler's - but it is a bit noisy!

There were no less than four boats being painted under there recently! A very popular shed :)

We have used Bunbury for having some sign writing done. Another option might be the paintshed at Anderton (in uplands marina) which we more next to in winter. Mainly I think they use it for there own work, its not big, but is insulated and had gas (calor) central heating.

Otherwise we have always painted outside, but equally, do so with a roller and are not aiming for a highgloss finish.

Stafford is also a fair shout.

Daniel

Another option might be the paintshed at Anderton (in uplands marina) which we more next to in winter. Mainly I think they use it for there own work, its not big, but is insulated and had gas (calor) central heating.

"The Paintshed" is now run by Nick Bancroft of NB Marine Services, details can be found here: http://www.nbmarineservices.co.uk/

Is that Preston Brook near Northwich? And is it accessible for widebeams do we know?

Preston Brook is accessible for widebeams but it depends where you're coming from - its at the end of the Bridgewater canal and the T&M is restricted in width by the 3x tunnels and the Dutton stop lock to Anderton, then by a narrow aqueduct to Middlewich, then its a narrow canal.