Shower tray

geoffwales

Featured Posts

Sorry not sure which section this should go.

I have a viking cruiser and want to fit a shower, the problem is the current cubicle cannot be accessed underneath so what i was thinking was getting a shower tray that doesnt have the plug hole in it so i can fit a small 15mm skin fitting drain with a 90deg elbow straight out to the side into a pump.

Does anyone know where a could get such a tray where the hole hasnt been put in.

Geoff

Sorry not sure which section this should go.

I have a viking cruiser and want to fit a shower, the problem is the current cubicle cannot be accessed underneath so what i was thinking was getting a shower tray that doesnt have the plug hole in it so i can fit a small 15mm skin fitting drain with a 90deg elbow straight out to the side into a pump.

Does anyone know where a could get such a tray where the hole hasnt been put in.

Geoff

I know quite a few in the working boat fraternity who stand in a Gorilla bucket:-)

George ex nb Alton retired

I ended up making one for my cruiser so I could get the exact size to convert my "little room" to a wetroom.

I removed the floor and replaced it with the tray, so did have access underneath - I fibreglassed a 22mm elbow in to the hole in the base of the tray to minimise the under floor height needed and attached a hose from the elbow to a whale gulper.

I think if you come in from the side, you will always end up with water left in the tray that you will need to sponge out. If I were you I'd make a mockup up of your proposed drain concept using a plastic storage box and see how it works.

Not really an answer to your question, but hopefully food for thought.

Graham

Or why not use marine ply and "lay it up" with GRP finishing it of with a nice gel-coat layer,done correctly iy will look great.

Phil

That's what I did with one small but important difference. Don't use gel coat, use flow coat. Flow coat is like gel coat but has wax added and it goes off in contact with air. Gel coat is designed to be put in a mould first. If gel coat is used as a top coat and is in contact with air, it stays tacky.

Graham

Never come across Floe Coat but have done loads of repairs to Gel Coat and the repairs have gone off OK and by the time I'd finished you would be hard pressed to tell where the repair was done.

I am aware of how a GRP boat is laid up having worked at Brooms and spent time at Connoisseur Cruisers but never came across Flow Coat, my education must be lacking,they do say we never stop learning.

Phil