Hello from John & Gill

NB Phoenix

Featured Posts

Hello everyone from John & Gill

We launched our 60' semi trad on the 2nd of Sept at Gayton, after almost two years self building. I have just joined you forums but can I thank you for the information I gained as a guest whilst building. I only hope I can pass on the points and pitfalls I have learnt. We have now moved to our moorings at Wigram Turn and look fowards to meeting many of you on the cut.

Thanks again

John & Gill

NB Phoenix

Welcome, if you use photobucket or a similar programme then there should be no problems as long as they are not too big. Have you tried uploading into the gallery?

Hi

Thanks got there in the end I was trying to upload pic's that were to big.. Dohh

A few pic's are now in the gallery.

Welcome John and Gill

Nice fit out. I see you’ve avoided the “Swedish sauna” look by carpeting up to gunnels instead of having too much timber! Looks more homely and warmer to me.

A couple of questions for my own benefit (doing partial refit):

Did you find that the curtain rails needed the centre supports? I’m going to fit 10mm brass rods. Do you still think that they would need supports because I’ve not ordered any?

Do I see speakers under the gunnels? I’m looking for some 12V ones of similar size.

Noah

Welcome John and Gill

Nice fit out. I see you’ve avoided the “Swedish sauna” look by carpeting up to gunnels instead of having too much timber! Looks more homely and warmer to me.

A couple of questions for my own benefit (doing partial refit):

Did you find that the curtain rails needed the centre supports? I’m going to fit 10mm brass rods. Do you still think that they would need supports because I’ve not ordered any?

Do I see speakers under the gunnels? I’m looking for some 12V ones of similar size.

Noah

Hello Noah

Thanks for your comments.

Regarding the curtain centre supports, I only used 8mm rod and found the centre sagged when the curtains were closed. I did find however that the centre support gave a bit more strength to the bottom rails if anybody brushed against them as they walked through the boat. The speakers under the gunnels are part of a cheap surround sound home cinema system I got from Asda. I think is was around the £30 mark. It has a sub woofer and five small speakers but in the confines of the boat is sound remarkably good. Hope that’s helps you.

Good luck with your fit out.

Regards

John