LEC 12v fridge misbehaving mysteriously

Odana

Featured Posts

Even if wiring is adequate and batts are a bit low, fridge or a pump etc starting up can momentarily drop the voltage slightly to just below the cut-out voltage, fridge will then stay off until batts recover to cut-in voltage. Especiall so if batts are near the end of their life or if you are on 24v. Or both!

Edited by nb Innisfree

Thanks all. John reset things over the weekend by disconnecting then reconnecting and we rejoiced at having a fridge again. Now it has stopped again overnight, so investigations will continue over the BH weekend. Lockedout - shall we compare notes as we do so?

Odana - alway good to compare notes...

I'm curious, does yours reset if you put the engine on for a few minutes?

Innisfree - the batteries were at 100% and a good steady 12.7/12.8 volts. They are relatively new and I don't believe I have a duff one.

Tony - I'm not sure that running new cables will be any easier than stripping out old ones - I had intended using the 'old' cables to 'mouse' the new cables through, although this is only a theory at the moment, until I start to work out where the cables run I won't know how easy/difficult it will be.