Wanted - Replacement Bulls-Eye And Brass Surround

c c

Featured Posts

Thanks for the info. I'll follow them up on Monday. The broken glass that I took out of Angel is 6 7/8 inches overall diameter including the rim.

Edited by canalchef

Hi Ian,

The glass was made by Nazeing glass works at Ware. They supplied me when trading as "Boatmans Cabin Co", the Yarwoods variant we sold was a 6H017 glass but I suspect the original H&W was a size smaller. I cannot find their list but they may still have stock. Last time I was there the place was seething with historical stuff!

http://www.nazeing-glass.com/

Davey & Co list some decklights and bullseyes so you have at least two chances of finding the correct British made glass.

http://www.davey.co.uk/

Cheers and good luck,

Laurence

Edited cos I just found Nazeing's 1990 list!! I think yours is a 6H014 which is a 7" decklight or a 6H008 which is a 5", these are 5/8th deep at the rim.

They also did a rebated edge too which was a 7H series.

btw Ian H&W boats didnt have brass or gunmetal surrounds on the bullseye, wasnt it just plate metal?

Edited by Laurence Hogg

Hi Ian,

The glass was made by Nazeing glass works at Ware. They supplied me when trading as "Boatmans Cabin Co", the Yarwoods variant we sold was a 6H017 glass but I suspect the original H&W was a size smaller. I cannot find their list but they may still have stock. Last time I was there the place was seething with historical stuff!

I think yours is a 6H014 which is a 7" decklight or a 6H008 which is a 5", these are 5/8th deep at the rim.

They also did a rebated edge too which was a 7H series.

btw Ian H&W boats didnt have brass or gunmetal surrounds on the bullseye, wasnt it just plate metal?

Laurence

Thanks for that info - I will contact Nazeing Glass Works tomorrow.

If 6 7/8th inches overall is the same as a 7" decklight then it may well have been that 6H014.

I was looking for a brass surround on the mistaken assumption that it would be easier to find than a plate metal one.

Cheers

Ian