Honda EU2.0I Generator Problem

trebby91

Featured Posts

Hi,

I have a Honda EU 2.0I

Took it home from the boat to use it there, It normally runs on gas when it’s on the boat.

I filled it with petrol it would not start no matter what I tried it still would not start up ( clean filter)

Its run on petrol before.

Took it back to the boat connected the gas line, bingo! Started first time disconnected the gas and tried to start it again on petrol, nothing!

Is this a common problem and is there an easy fix?

Try to strip the carb and clean on the smaller Honda's the carb jets are moulded in so the only way to do them is air line or in the worst case ultrasonic bath But a chap who repairs Honda outboards for a living told me to soak the carb for 24hrs in (wait for it ) white vinegar Not Malt(put that ya chips) then wash with clean fuel refit and Hey presto not tried myself but it seems feasible

Try to strip the carb and clean on the smaller Honda's the carb jets are moulded in so the only way to do them is air line or in the worst case ultrasonic bath But a chap who repairs Honda outboards for a living told me to soak the carb for 24hrs in (wait for it ) white vinegar Not Malt(put that ya chips) then wash with clean fuel refit and Hey presto not tried myself but it seems feasible

It disolves some of the fuel additives that dry out when fuel evaporates. These deposits leave a brown yucky varnish like coating everywhere. I've used this trick on lawnmower carbs, they tend to good culprits for gumming up over winter. A mate has also used this trick on his Honda c90 carb in preference to stripping it, it worked after two soakings (bike hadn't been used in 10 years).