My boy....handling a widebeam

DeanS

Featured Posts

Bank holiday in Manchester. Crowds looking on. Needing to move my boat to get water, empty toilets. When done, thought...why not let my boy put on a show...boost his confidence etc. Put him at the tiller and I went to stand on the bow...rope in hand. Didnt need to say a word....he cruised back under the white bridge in Castlefield, swung the boat around, brought the nose to a stop with 3ft to spare so I could jump off, and then swung the stern round a full 360 till he was moored up between two boats while I held the bow to the shore. Yes, it could have been a disaster, but it's good to let the yunguns do it once in a while, to impress the ladies :) (He's good in locks too..)

• Greenie 2

Bank holiday in Manchester. Crowds looking on. Needing to move my boat to get water, empty toilets. When done, thought...why not let my boy put on a show...boost his confidence etc. Put him at the tiller and I went to stand on the bow...rope in hand. Didnt need to say a word....he cruised back under the white bridge in Castlefield, swung the boat around, brought the nose to a stop with 3ft to spare so I could jump off, and then swung the stern round a full 360 till he was moored up between two boats while I held the bow to the shore. Yes, it could have been a disaster, but it's good to let the yunguns do it once in a while, to impress the ladies :) (He's good in locks too..)

Be careful, he will be better at it than you in no time -the young learn quickly!

the next generation of boaters in the making....if boats are actually allowed to still cruise by then and not be persecuted for leaving a marina. (by that I mean all the new SEVM rules.)