New to the forum, Comments on Lexton Swan Boats

lpp1612

Featured Posts

Good Evening this my first time on you're forum

I'm not new to canals or boats of all types and manufactures, but I'm having a look at a boat over the weekend build by Lexton Swan, I've never heard of them, I've be on and around canals for over 20 years. if any member of the forum has any comments or knowledge of this builder I'd be very grateful. Best Wishes lpp1612

No evidence from the Jim Shead boat lookup list of any builder of that exact name, but one boat is listed as built by Lexden Swan, which I'm guessing is probably the same thing.

TIDDLER Built by LEXDEN SWAN - Length 7.62 metres (25 feet ) - Beam 2.083 metres (6 feet 10 inches ) - Draft 0.457 metres (1 feet 6 inches ) Metal hull, . Registered with British Waterways number 509542 as a Powered. Last registration recorded on 20-Apr-2012.

Actually I recognise that boat from Cow Roast marina I think, and it seems to be for sale here (as built by Lexton Swan).

If it is a real builder, I think the Jim Shead listing indicates they probably didn't build much else.

At Cowroast ??!! Blimey things have changed .

Possible theory?

There is very little mooring in Cow Roast that is really suitable for a boat of this length, I think.

They charge by the meter, so if this is occupying a normal pontoon where a boat twice the length would fit, it is a considerable revenue loser for the marina, why clearly preer the longest boat they can squeeze on to each pontoon.

This boat is probably moored on one of the pontoons at the far end, which are set 3 boat widths apart, to allow two short boats to share the same pontoon, without having to move the one furthest from the bank, when the one nearest to the bank wants to come or go. However there are only a very few of these berths, so no doubt a good demand for them.

certainly heard of lexden swan seem to recall them at one of the nationals so must be pre wakefield as that was the last one I took a boat to

searching lexden swan on google comes up with a few references and near the bottom is a boat sales that has a good picture of a 1997 boat