Easy chairs

jonk

Featured Posts

We had exactly the same arrangement, ... and settled on two from Debenhams ...

We bought two of these chairs from Debenhams 'sale outlet' in Newbury for £100 each just before Xmas. They have had a steady stream of these and other recliners for sale for similar prices since. (There was a dozen or so in there yesterday). They're pretty comfortable and have held up reasonably well against the cat's claws so far. Bonded leather, not pure cowhide, but for the price ...

We have two of Wilson's chair , not sure if they are the same type to which you where refering, but have found them very comfortable for sitting in and as occasional beds . Plenty of storage underneath , wouldn't change them. Ours are 8 years old now. Most of the covers remove for washng and I knitted armrests top cover the arms, so that they don't need quite so much cleaning. Bunny

.........................They're pretty comfortable and have held up reasonably well against the cat's claws so far...................

That brings to mind a humorous irony regarding the history of our chairs.

I bought them in a French antique shop for £10 each (see below) and for years let our cats sleep in them while we decided what to do with them.

We loved their worn out state but they were too far gone to use, the cats, on the other hand loved to use them but thought they needed roughing up a bit more and duly arranged this.

When we moved back to the UK the chairs were about the only thing we brought with us and we left the cats in the care of my mother in France.

We asked a UK upholsterer if he could restore them without ruining their 'shabby chic' state. Looking embarrassed and I am sure restraining a laugh, he told us they had long ago past through their 'shabby chic' period and would have to be completely rebuilt. With some reluctance we let him at them but were dreading that we wouldn't love them so much when finished.

When he delivered them, we were relieved, they were different but still beautiful.

And what did the upholsterer recommend we do to maintain their beauty, - let our dog sleep in them!!

That's actually what we do and they are indeed beginning to look nicely warn now. Only a dog of course can do this, cats, parrots, mice and such like tend to eat the furniture (and each other) rather than wear it in!

gallery_12464_697_5462.jpg

Edited by Joshua

Joshua, I just love what you've done with your chairs. And isn't it nice that they have a bit of history to them? I don't mind Ikea stuff but I do like something with a bit of a story to it.

We bought 2 sofas off ebay, made by Peter Guild, with the intention of chopping them up and fitting them on the boat. We didn't realise how well made Peter Guild furniture is, so they took a bit of dismantling to say the least.

Full story is here, I've not stopped bragging about our new sofa so apologies to those who are fed up of reading about it. :blush:

http://www.canalworld.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=54103

http://www.canalworld.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=54838

If you know anyone who is handy with a saw and a staple gun and a bit of spray adhesive, it's amazing what can be done. Unfortunately, I am rather hopeless at having any sort of vision so I was banned from seeing the production process for fear of me having a thrombie, I really wanted to take before, during and after pictures, but the 'during' would have been far too traumatic for me. :lol: