Helmsman Course

Ratty & Moley

Featured Posts

Folks I just have to share the sheer pleasure of learning the tricks of the trade yesterday with Ray Cullis from Trent Boating. Superb day out in the sunshine ...it was the perfect day to be messing about on boats .... and stuff. Ray was a great instructor and I'd highly recommend him, but best you get in quick before he retires in about 8 weeks or so.

Ray if you are reading this - thanks again. I feel much better now about passing 'killer' weirs :)

Folks I just have to share the sheer pleasure of learning the tricks of the trade yesterday with Ray Cullis from Trent Boating. Superb day out in the sunshine ...it was the perfect day to be messing about on boats .... and stuff. Ray was a great instructor and I'd highly recommend him, but best you get in quick before he retires in about 8 weeks or so.

Ray if you are reading this - thanks again. I feel much better now about passing 'killer' weirs :)

Ray is an excellent trainer - - he made a fair job of teaching us the rudiments of boating some18 months ago . . . and very enjoyable it was, too

He was just about to retire - - - (!)

We've seen Ray a couple of times since, and every time he mentioned that he was just about to retire (!!!)

I think he likes his job really!!!! ;)

Ray is an excellent trainer - - he made a fair job of teaching us the rudiments of boating some18 months ago . . . and very enjoyable it was, too

We've seen Ray a couple of times since, and every time he mentioned that he was just about to retire (!!!)

Perhaps he says that at the end of the course so he can go to bed!

He had sold the business as I understand but then the deal fell through so he is now honoring the existing bookings but ideally looking to sell again - great guy :cheers:

• 1 month later...

Am looking for Helmsman's Course a bit lower down the country - any one recommend a course near reading - K&A or Oxford Canals. Have looked on RYA site and there are a few but no idea who is good.

Most people only do one so its hard to get a true comparison