Trent stoppage

Naughty Cal

Featured Posts

Just heard that Cromwell Lock is now shut until at least the 18th May.

The sand bar across the lock is now a danger to navigation.

Just as well we aimed to get there at HW (arrived in 7 hours, 3 inches off HW)...instead of our normal early arrival, when we left Keadby last week. It was not a big tide, we got out of Keadby as soon as flood kicked in, even then we hit the sand bar that appears to be accross the entrance to Keadby, about time this was cleared as well.

Yes Rachel. I can confirm that we are advising boats coming down Trent they will get no further than Cronwell Lock until 18th May due to large silt build up. Crane Boat 13 is on the job ASAP.

Yes Rachel. I can confirm that we are advising boats coming down Trent they will get no further than Cronwell Lock until 18th May due to large silt build up. Crane Boat 13 is on the job ASAP.

Don't forget 'the Robin' as well as MCB 13 Keith captain.gif (New to the forum playing with smilies, apologies if I chose a wrong one)

Lockie

Don't forget 'the Robin' as well as MCB 13 Keith captain.gif (New to the forum playing with smilies, apologies if I chose a wrong one)

Lockie

Go on then. Sean or John or Len?

Ooh - - that could likely lead to a build up of traffic at Cromwell, couldn't it?

No. Build up of silt!! Edited by jelunga

Mornin' all,

Seeing as the guessing game could take a while, I'll just tell you who I am:

My name is Gareth and I'm a volunteer (for now...) lockie on the Trent, mainly at Hazelford. As a point of interest, I'm probably the youngest lockie in the history of the Trent, being only in my late teens. Jelunga may not recognise the name as I don't appear on rota because I have a bit of a roving commission, but we did meet briefly at last years end of season do.

Lockie.

We want to get to (& through) Cromwell by about a week later. I wonder what the chances are?

Allen,

I understand max effort is being deployed to clear this stoppage. I am confident that it will be reopened by the 18th as stated. Are you coming down the T and M? When are you planning to go down the Trent?

Bezunga

Bless you.

At the moment we hope to reach Nottingham 20th, 21st, or 22nd; it depends on the weather (in particular the rain may delay us at Hillmorton as we're having a bit of paintwork done there), then down the river and almost certainly stopping in Newark for a day. So we'll certainly hope to meet you both, Keith and Dave.

Wasn't he the guy that was selling shares in British Gas?

Dave is David as Grace n Flavour.

Nah! That was Sid who was selling shares in British Gas

Dave

(Grate and Favourite)

At the moment we hope to reach Nottingham 20th, 21st, or 22nd; it depends on the weather (in particular the rain may delay us at Hillmorton as we're having a bit of paintwork done there), then down the river and almost certainly stopping in Newark for a day. So we'll certainly hope to meet you both, Keith and Dave.

Might be able to meet up - - I suspect we'll be leaving on the 23rd very latest - must be in Leeds by the end of the month

What's your destination, Allan?

I am rest day 21 &22 so if you get near either day we would love to meet somewhere.