Kabola drip feed boilers

Kristian

Featured Posts

After many years putting up with a Mikuni mx40, which is rubbish to be honest, Im looking at getting a better heating boiler thats designed for the job, rather

than a car/van engine preheater! Im looking at the Kabola drip fed boiler for a 70' trad or 5kw same as the Mikuni.

Does anyone here have one installed and are you happy with it? My other point is, does the flue need to exit the roof or can I have one made up at 90 degree

to exit the hull side??

Many thanks Kristian......

I've just removed my kabola E5 and replaced it with an eberspacher

Reason is I don't want it on 24/7 and it would be a pain to light every time I wanted it on.

I also wanted the cupboard space.

Flue needs to be as vertical and as straight as possible

Its on Ebay. 300830947669

Or if you have room an ordainary domestic ch boiler set up for diesel, they do exist, you will need 230v for that mind

I believe the Bubble is based on domestic oil boiler parts. Runs on 240v thou. It's one of the cheaper PJ's (ie around 1.5K instead of 2.5K for the hurricane.

I have a E series Kabola installed in my 57ft trad. It heats rads and hot water just fine. A 45 Degree bend in the chimney is the most you can get away with and then you will need to compensate with extra chimney height. You will need meths to light the boiler initially and then it is easily controlled by increasing/decreasing the fuel regulator.Maintenance is easily carried out and apart from the need to plumb in a small pump to circulate the hot water throughout the system it is pretty foolproof- or so I've found.

As previously posted, you do have to re light the boiler with meths everytime you have turned it off and this can take a few minuites. So if you wouldn't want to be involved with this start up procedure perhaps this might not be the best system for you.

Remember, the big advantage of the E series is the lack of electronics or any power feeds required. If you are fitting into an existing rad. system then a circulation pump may be required. Mount the boiler as low as possible and pay attention to the roof collar, most draw problems with these boilers/fires are flue related, lack of height and a sudden cooling of the gasses at the roof collar causing a "cold plug" of denser(?) air at the roof inhibiting draw.

Good luck

Paul M