Can i post pictures using a samsung galaxy s2

Featured Posts

Can i post pictures on the forum using a galaxy s11 phone and if so how. It is my main source for the internet i sometimes tether to the laptop but not often. Cheers

Not direct from the phone to the forum no.

The pictures would still need to be hosted on a site somewhere such as the forum gallery or Photobucket.

I haven't tried it with my Samsung phone but you should be able to use the Photobucket Android app. to upload the photo's from your phone to the Photobucket site and then use the image URL to post from Photobucket to the forum.

I suspect this is a bit of a faff though but I can't think of an easier way.

If you sign up for Google+ (I think my S2 already had it installed), the phone will automatically upload every photo you take on a particular day to a new album in Google+, you can then post a link to them on CW.

If you sign up for Google+ (I think my S2 already had it installed), the phone will automatically upload every photo you take on a particular day to a new album in Google+, you can then post a link to them on CW.

Interesting tip.

ed - Just had a look and says the photos upload to a 'private' album, presumably you can make the pictures 'public' at some point after you upload, other wise I don't think you will be able to post them in the forum.

Edited by The Dog House

My phone (Sony Ericsson) uploads photos automatically to photobucket as do all my devices.

presumably you can make the pictures 'public' at some point after you upload, other wise I don't think you will be able to post them in the forum.

You can select which album to upload to but it doesn't need to be public to post them here.

Edited by carlt

My phone (Sony Ericsson) uploads photos automatically to photobucket as do all my devices.

You can select which album to upload to but it doesn't need to be public to post them here.

I've not noticed before but I have the app on my Samsung Galaxy it just needs setting up to do this.

Cheers.

I've not noticed before but I have the app on my Samsung Galaxy it just needs setting up to do this.

Cheers.

Only have it set up to upload automatically if you are on all you can eat otherwise just do it manually when you're connected to Broadband.

Testing testing -

2012-12-13155715.jpg

Excellent - it works.

Only have it set up to upload automatically if you are on all you can eat otherwise just do it manually when you're connected to Broadband.

Cheers yes I'd clocked that, I am on all you can eat.

Les - there are so many steps to doing what you wish, from sorting and configuring an app. to then linking back so that the photo has uploaded to the forum that I couldn't even begin to set it out here (I've tried 3 times and scrubbed each post after asking Jan if she could follow it).

This is one of those things where you need to be sat alongside somebody to talk them through it.

I have now installed photo bucket app, signed in and i have pictures in the album. What do i need to get them from the album to the cf. I see that i can share the link with facebook and twitter and thats it

Fairy nuff you are half way there -

1 - In the Photobucket app. open the picture you want to post on the forum by tapping on it -

2 - tap the bottom left button on your Samsung phone

3 - This brings up 6 options at the bottom of the screen, tap 'view links'

4 - This brings up 4 versions of the link for the picture, you want the bottom one marked IMG, tap it and it shows IMG copied.

5 - Open a new post in the forum using the browser on your phone.

6 - Tap and hold the box you type the new post in and you get the Option 'paste', select that and the link for the picture will be pasted into the post

add some text if you wish, select 'post' and that's it!

Edited by The Dog House