Higher Poynton

canalboater2012

Featured Posts

Hi does anyone no how far the village shops are from the moorings there by Lord vernons wharf??????????

It's a fair walk. Unless you just go to the trading post and eat white bread and icecream :) Lovely spot to moor though.

Thanks for all your replies. Yesterday I pick Briadbars hire boat Tiree up. Moored just outside Lord Verons Wharf last night. Today we set off at 8.30 & cruised down the "mac" to Marple & on the PF canal to Bugworth basin. We're we are now moored!! Truely beautiful here. & Tiree wot can I say its a braidbar :-))

Just had a few in the Navigation inn now back on board.

Thanks for all your replies. Yesterday I pick Briadbars hire boat Tiree up. Moored just outside Lord Verons Wharf last night. Today we set off at 8.30 & cruised down the "mac" to Marple & on the PF canal to Bugworth basin. We're we are now moored!! Truely beautiful here. & Tiree wot can I say its a braidbar :-))

Just had a few in the Navigation inn now back on board.

The UPF is a bit shallow in places but has many merits. Buxworth is worth some exploration and a bit of respect showing to those who have resulted in its restoration and rebirth. Enjoy :cheers: