Roof collar slopes to the side

Wild Is The Wind

Featured Posts

Does anyone know if there is something I can buy so that our roof collar sits horizonally instead of to one side with the slope of the roof?

If this is possible we can use a straight flue pipe inside the boat which I believe is better (and also cheaper). The chimney would be straight also.

Any pointers would be gratefully received.

most collars are slightly wider than the flue pipe, so even if the collar is on a curved roof, your flue should be able to still be installed "straight up". Some people have made "adaptors" out of hard wood...although you could get a welder to make a spacer of some sort. If your boat is like most...(and most do have curved roofs), they dont use any adaptors...because the collar is 6inches diameter hole, and the flue is about 5inches wide.

ETA...even if your collar is on a curved roof...the chimney can be positioned to it's own angle..by tilting it when it sits on the collar.

Edited by DeanS

Thank you, that is a relief hopefully and I will check. I do see boats with slanted chimneys though every now and then, which I don't mind as long as it isn't too much - priority is to try and get straight flue pipe in.

personally i don't like to see a slanted chimney inside, some even have bend's in them :(

Not sure if I have misunderstood you or not but roof collars come in two flavours-straight and angled. Mine is straight but I have fitted (heat insulated)oak wedge under it. This is because my chimney finishes up alot straighter than using the angled collar which did not really match the angle on my roof.

Does anyone know if there is something I can buy so that our roof collar sits horizonally instead of to one side with the slope of the roof?

If this is possible we can use a straight flue pipe inside the boat which I believe is better (and also cheaper). The chimney would be straight also.

Any pointers would be gratefully received.

I suppose that you've checked that you don't have an angled collar that has been fitted the wrong way around?