Davenport Arms Calveley

Offcumden

Featured Posts

Reopened eight weeks ago just down from Bridge 104 Three good cask ales on at sensible prices and home cooked food Cafe open from 9.00 am excellent breakfasts

Free WiFi available as the mobile signal is c..p in this area

John :cheers: :cheers:

Edited by Offcumden

The Davenport has struggled for years, even when it has done quite good reasonably priced food. I hope the new landlords can make a go of it this time. The Barbridge down the road certainly seems to have picked up - still has the winter to get through though.

Maybe I'll try the Davenport next week - there are plenty of visitor moorings just west of the bridge five minutes away.

The Davenport has struggled for years, even when it has done quite good reasonably priced food. I hope the new landlords can make a go of it this time. The Barbridge down the road certainly seems to have picked up - still has the winter to get through though.

Maybe I'll try the Davenport next week - there are plenty of visitor moorings just west of the bridge five minutes away.

Don't forget though Dave, the dredgers are working just beyond the moorings. Should be quieter mid week. Wish we'd have known about the Davenport last weekend, we'd have sampled their wares! We tried the Barbridge Inn instead. The food and service were excellent.

Don't forget though Dave, the dredgers are working just beyond the moorings. Should be quieter mid week. Wish we'd have known about the Davenport last weekend, we'd have sampled their wares! We tried the Barbridge Inn instead. The food and service were excellent.

Good news about the Davenport, The comments about the Barbridge ,I would probably side with (Service and food ) but the beer for what is supposed to be a brewery tap is awfull ,last time there 2 beers were hazy and one was well past its best and should not have been on service

Good news about the Davenport, The comments about the Barbridge ,I would probably side with (Service and food ) but the beer for what is supposed to be a brewery tap is awfull ,last time there 2 beers were hazy and one was well past its best and should not have been on service

I'll stick to the G & T then, and the skipper tried 1 of the ales. not bad, but soon went onto the lager.