oil pressure low

Retro69

Featured Posts

Hi

Could someone please tell me where i can buy a oil sender unit for a bmc 1.8

Thankyou. And what oil would you recommend? Cheers

I may be wrong ? but i think an early series type landrover one will fit, if u troll ebay u will find a couple of sellers who include several cross referance lists, thats how i sourced one for my old perkins, as for the oil ? when the engine was made 20/50 was the norm i guess??? but oil technolgy has come on in leeps and bounds since, i think any light oil for a normal assperated diesel engine would/should suffice. Im sure more informed will offer advice good luck

Hi

Could someone please tell me where i can buy a oil sender unit for a bmc 1.8

Thankyou. And what oil would you recommend? Cheers

Try ASAP Supplies or Calcutt Boats.

A quality 20W50 oil should be fine but make sure that it is labelled API CC, CD, or CE because there is at least one brand of cheaper 20W50 oil out there that has no performance standard. If you can not find a 20W50 then a 15W40 should be fine in API CF but there is then a possibly increased chance of bore glazing.

Try ASAP Supplies or Calcutt Boats.

A quality 20W50 oil should be fine but make sure that it is labelled API CC, CD, or CE because there is at least one brand of cheaper 20W50 oil out there that has no performance standard. If you can not find a 20W50 then a 15W40 should be fine in API CF but there is then a possibly increased chance of bore glazing.

Here is the page form their on line catalogue (There are seveal pages):- http://www.asap-supplies.com/search/oil+pressure+sender You will need to know the thread your engine block has, and whether your gauge uses a European sender or American sender. I would give them a ring, I have always found them very helpful, They will probably be able to tell you from the engine number and type of Gauge, if not you may need to take the present sender out to measure the thread. Faria instuments use Euro senders if the principal calibration is BAR, and American senders if the principal calibration is in PSI, but this may not apply to older European instruments.

Edited by David Schweizer