heron boat home at last

Roy n paula

Featured Posts

Hi,after months of wondering how ,where ,when,our boat has decided to come to it`s home,had to be on the back of a lorry but we hope to get her in the water (properly) by September,and this time see her going in.You all know the story of her life so far so I wont bore you with that bit,but hopefully we will get some build pictures on here . Roy n Paula ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi we have moved on a lot since the last thread,will get pictures on as soon as I can,(me and I.t dont see eye to eye) any way the story so far,

in a land far far away......

1) fitted port holes. that proved very interesting

2) rubbed and ground out all the rust on the hull, wish we had bought a smaller boat.

3) primed the hull two coats,aint paint expensive.

4) blackend the hull,will give this another two coats later,along with me and anyone else that gets close enough.

5) rubbed down and removed the rust on the superstructure.

6) primed and two coats of under coat.

ready to finish the roof of then a nice couple of days for the top coat,finish of the hull,and move inside to takle the fit out,the glories of boating :P

Edited by Roy n paula

• 3 weeks later...

P1010321.jpg

Hi all,the tiles around the stove have been grouted today,who ever invented grouting wants shooting,fitted my new mushroom vents,and painted the roof with a non slip coating,then had to move inside as rain stopped play,will try and get some more photos tommorow. :angry:

Looks great. What about having some scaffold over and a cover to allow work in the rain?

Well done.

P1010321.jpg

Hi all,the tiles around the stove have been grouted today,who ever invented grouting wants shooting,

I love the neat and tidy installation of the stove. They look so much better without a chimbly, don't they. Presumably it's the smokeless variety. :angry:

oh dear,you noticed that little omission :angry:

well today,after sorting out our visitors,we have painted the rear of the boat,red/ cream,and started on the tiller,and gas locker,Paula has been inside with her measuring stick,and it looks like a trip to B&Q is on the cards,must take some more pictures. RoynPaula

p.s the chimbly is on order :angry:

some more pictures for you,I hope

P1010044.jpg

that should be one of the roof with our new mushrooms and anti slip finish

P1010045.jpg

the rear of the boat ready for inspection

P1010043.jpg

P1010046.jpg

and one of the gas locker

the red heron,it stays red untill the loans paid,then it gets painted black

Roy n Paula :blush:

Edited by Roy n paula

• 4 weeks later...

yipee,as from 09.00 on the 5th October,one year late,Alchemy is finaly on the water,the lift went well and she is securley moored up in her new berth,only problem,the gearbox decided to empty its contents all over the bildge,have been on the phone to HMI and they suggest it may of been overfull and to fill it up and try it again to see what happends,fingers crossed this time.

P1010060.jpg

P1010057.jpg

Edited by Roy n paula

yipee,as from 09.00 on the 5th October,one year late,Alchemy is finaly on the water,the lift went well and she is securley moored up in her new berth,only problem,the gearbox decided to empty its contents all over the bildge,have been on the phone to HMI and they suggest it may of been overfull and to fill it up and try it again to see what happends,fingers crossed this time.

P1010060.jpg

P1010057.jpg

Congrats and doubles all round :lol::lol::lol:

P1010060.jpg

P1010057.jpg

Roy and Paula how wonderful to see you have launched Alchemy. Best wishes from Audrone and Richard we shall have a drink on that this evening, cheers.

• 2 weeks later...

HI all been busy while weve been away from here,did you miss us? didnt think so,anyway, we had to extend the hearth cos it didnt give the required 6 inches out from the fire,so I extended it out and across the front of the boat,it looks good and will double up as a wet boot area untill we get the cratch sorted,the flu is in what a bugger that was,I have never measured and re measured a hole so many times,and that first drill into the roof was 50p/10p stuff ,trying to finish off the electrics now,picked up the combi,and off to get batteries tomorrow .the place is begining to feel like home. :D

Hi both

Well done and good luck with your build. I see one of you have connections with the fire brigade? There is a lot of us on the cut.

Look fowards to seeing the boat progress. Great pic's so far.

John

thanks for that,yep there are a few around us, wont be moving back into bricks and mortar for a long long time,we both love this life style. Roy n Paula :D

• 2 weeks later...

P1010060.jpg

P1010057.jpg

Hi u 2,

A belated congratulations on the launch, it looks great, I hope you did the boat proud this time. The first launch was under a lot different circumstances, with no time for the niceities of a boat launch.

It is good to see that all of the Heron Survivors are now making progress, with everyone now restarted their boat building.

Keep up the good work and keep the pics coming.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all,electrics are all in no more going around with a torch, unfortuniatly I`ve had to stop work on her cos I`ve gone and slipped a disc in me back,so spending half my time on the floor looking up at the roof,must get that varnished,any way when I`m up again will try and post some more pictures.RoynPaula.

Hi all,electrics are all in no more going around with a torch, unfortuniatly I`ve had to stop work on her cos I`ve gone and slipped a disc in me back,so spending half my time on the floor looking up at the roof,must get that varnished,any way when I`m up again will try and post some more pictures.RoynPaula.

Hi Roy,

Well I guess you can truly say "things are looking up".

Hope you are soon back on your feet :excl:

Does this mean you can not carry those heavy christmas shopping bags for paula :wacko:

Take care you two.

M&P.

:argue:

• 3 years later...

this is a long well over due update,well I was finally beaten and had to sell the boat as an unfinished project,broke our hearts to see her go.would we do it again?dunno,may not buy a new build but would consider pre owned,will never trust boat builders again sorry to tar all with the same brush but once bitten and all that,good points made loads of very good friends,learnt loads of new skills,joined a great club the heron survivors club,and enjoyed the great life living on the water,dont miss pump outs though.to those of you living the life on the cut, I envy you, to those thinking of moving onto a boat, go for it its a great life with great people. So a big thankyou to all the people that helped me and Paula get the boat up to a livable standard and all thats left is to say Bye Roy n Paula :lol: