A proper blade full

Guest wanted

Featured Posts

Guest wanted

Is this a record? Got home this evening with the plan to nip the boat over to the other side for a pump out. On arrival I saw a boat at the point filling up and emptying out. No problem, I sat on the roof and had a beer whilst I waited. The bloke took ages but ney bother, I had another hour of day light. Eventually the guy left so I fired up my boat, Ms Wanted slipped the ropes and disappeared below whilst I proceeded to pull out.

Brentford is well weedy at the mo so I gave it a little oomf to cut through it (fool) and..... Judder, stop! 10ft from the pontoons I had a blade full.

On inspection I discovered an entire front cratch cover wrapped tightly around the prop!

Just finished cutting it off now and still need a pump out!

Anyone fouled their prop closer to home? :blush:

Edited by wanted

Yes, I once collected a chain which belonged to my next door neighbour (moorer), around the prop of my old boat. It stopped the engine dead, funnily enough, but only took a few minutes to unwind it.

Luckily the old boat had a weed hatch, on Ariel I'd have got wet :captain:

I untied from a wharf once after getting a pump out deseil etc & picked up an electric cable the boat yard had left & had fell in the cut. It was a while before I realised when the engine stopped dead. After a few words wiv the yard manager he made one of the lads get it off the prop took them just over 3 hours to do

Guest wanted

Not just me then, at least I now know my prop better!

Six hours Nige! That's valuable drinking time!

Edited by wanted