12v wires

Boat&Bikes

Featured Posts

I used red and black for 12V and Brown, Blue and green with yellow trace for 240V for all circuits. I also added cable numbers on each end of the cable and recorded these on the circuit diagram. I did consider using wires with trace colours (I work in an industry where I have access to the full range) however I stayed with red / black since it meant that anyone else could debug it if I sold the boat. If I need to sort out a wire from a bundle I can use a signal tracer.

Slightly off topic.

a very good 'signal tracer ' can be bought from £shop/ cheap shops. It looks like a screwdriver with batterys & if power is on the cable it, the screwdriver, will light up.

It will also do presence of voltage (DC & 70 to 250AC), continuity, find cables in walls/behind panels,ground faults, test diodes/transistors, microwave leakage & more.

No commercial connections, just a magic bit of cheap kit & you can have one on the boat one in the workshop etc.

taslim.

edit bad granma.

Edited by TASLIM