Mobile Boat Engineer needed- Derbyshire

Featured Posts

Hello

Could anyone reccomend a mobile engineer who could do a few jobs for us:

Eberspacher heater only blows cold air

BMC 1.5 Engine needs a service

Fit a bilge pump in the bow

We had someone in mind but they are so busy-- that I'm beginning to feel like a nuisance keep asking them

We're based on the Trent side of Shardlow, so struggling to get to a boatyard- plus if the other half could be there for the service I'm sure it'll help in the future.

We aren't planning to use the boat for the next 3 weeks and we're happy to fit in with someones other commitments. We can be at the boatyard most evenings or weekend to show them around

Thanks

You need a fitter, mechanic or technician. He or she may conceivably be a engineer, but I doubt it.

By definition (Oxford dictionary) it definitely IS an engineer the OP is looking for.

Its the type of engineer who actually does the engineering and gets his hands dirty laugh.giflaugh.gif

cheers.gif

A

I dont really mind what their job title is as long as they can help- especially Having just had my job title changed to something that takes 10minutes to type and goodness knows how long to explain

Thanks Ally for your help- telephone call made and a time sorted- really appreciate your help

Exactly my point. He does the fitting, not the engineering.

They organise things better in Germany.

no they dont,

we have had some kit supplied by our german sister company, its been expensive, some bits are very poorly thought out, it was delivered ahead of schedule mucking up programme of works leading up to the project. some parts are missing or incompatible with the equipment they were told we would be using. some of their fitters work was below the standard i consider acceptable, meaning i had to re-work it and put it right, i could go on but wont, suffice to say dont believe the hype, they are no better or worse than us

i have also had dealings with a well known german supplier of equipment for the food and beverage industry, they too fell below the level of hype created by the german engineering sector....