Licence Dodgers!!!

Featured Posts

Hey People,

Having only been a boater for just over 12 months now, (Not sure i'm allowed to call myself a boater yet???).

I truely beleive in paying your way and I am always going to keep upto my boat licence, But recently I went on a trip with my "Rosaline" upto Bingley 5 Rise and found that one of the lock keepers on the way has a narrowboat moored near the lock and they are not paying for a licence nor the mooring!!!!

How are they going to stop licence evasion if they have evaders on the inside????

Is it me or is this somehow wrong??

Andy

Andy

You are right Andy! You SHOULD be relaxing, enjoying the wonderful life on board and the delightful scenery and wildlife within reach all around and letting BW do their own job. ;)

Hey People,

Having only been a boater for just over 12 months now, (Not sure i'm allowed to call myself a boater yet???).

I truely beleive in paying your way and I am always going to keep upto my boat licence, But recently I went on a trip with my "Rosaline" upto Bingley 5 Rise and found that one of the lock keepers on the way has a narrowboat moored near the lock and they are not paying for a licence nor the mooring!!!!

How are they going to stop licence evasion if they have evaders on the inside????

Andy

I believe BW employees get free licence and moorings as part of their contract.....

J

I believe BW employees get free licence and moorings as part of their contract.....

J

After 6 months full time, they get a licence and mooring for a boat as part of their contract, to make up for relatively poor pay.

I know this as one was going to help me by sharing my boat, however he was too tall, so has found a boat of his own.

...............................I wonder if they have any part time jobs for the winter months. ;)

Well my brother used to be employed by BW, principally as a lengthman, but more so on maintenance tasks in the winter months......

Believe me, based on his experiences, I'm not sure you would want to work the winter.

It's one think chugging down the cut, in your hatchway, preferably with a nice coal stove to keep you warm.

Rather different trying to stay standing on some "skiddy" cutting side, as you attempt not to amputate anything whilst chain sawing overhanging trees........

Working conditions may have improved a bit in the last 30 years, but the tasks and the weather in which they have to be performed hasn't changed that much.....

Is that true you have spotted the lesser spotted bw worker ive seen loadson there nests i think its called a transit pickup but its very rare nowadays to see them outside the trasit i think the seatbelts are super glued to prevent them gettinjg out :cheers::):)