hi all

benfish

Featured Posts

hi

im ben me and my freind have just bought an 8ft inflatable with a 2hp outboard .to use for mainly fishing glasson dock in lancaster . and the occassional trip round the canal to chill out . but i need to no can i just take it on the canal and use it i see alot of kayaks etc on canals .any help and info would be great thanks ben

Hi Ben.

You will need to licence your boat with Canal and River Trust (British Waterways, who are the navigation authority. Either a yearly licence or daily licence if you can obtain one nearby. They may place requirements on you regarding the carriage of petrol other than in the engines integral tank.

The kayaks are all probably members of The British Canoe Union (BCU). The BCU has special arrangements with navigation authorities for their members to use canals and rivers without further licencing requirements.

Hi Ben.

You will need to licence your boat with Canal and River Trust (British Waterways, who are the navigation authority. Either a yearly licence or daily licence if you can obtain one nearby. They may place requirements on you regarding the carriage of petrol other than in the engines integral tank.

The kayaks are all probably members of The British Canoe Union (BCU). The BCU has special arrangements with navigation authorities for their members to use canals and rivers without further licencing requirements.

hi thanks for replying what if i was just rowing it is that aloud?/ is is silly money to use it with the out board ?.do you one any where i could use it ?.

They'd probably turn a blind eye if rowing with no sign of a motor and you don't use locks,i've done it loads of times. I'd get insurance though.

Rivers being natural are your best bet even if they're canalized (with locks) being natural enforcements are a bit of a grey area.

Edited by bizzard

They'd probably turn a blind eye if rowing with no sign of a motor and you don't use locks,i've done it loads of times. I'd get insurance though.

Rivers being natural are your best bet even if they're canalized (with locks) being natural enforcements are a bit of a grey area.

thanks for the replys