new hurricane heater problem

Featured Posts

After all the usual already discussed problems with an Erberspacher we decided to bite the bullet and fork out for a Hurricane.

Lovely, at first. After about 11 months the compressor started to get noisy and finally at one year it failed completely.

Calcutt were very good, and fitted a new one straight away, but this one has now been getting noisy and showing the same signs of failure. I have been in touch with Calcutt who admit there is a problem with a newer design of compressor and I'm worried that even if they fit another new one the guarantee will run out in few more months and we may be left with having to buy a new one every year or so.

Anyone out there in the same boat?

You may want to get advice from CAB, if they have admitted there's a flaw in the product then it's not fit for purpose and they may be a law covering.

Find out how long the new part is guaranteed for as well.

I did ask and was told the guarantee will run out as the original heater, that is 2 years or 2000 hours.

I don't want to involve the law until I've found out if ITR or Calcutt can resolve the problem.

It's just that I would like to know if anyone else has had this problem.

Edited by lyraboat

I did ask and was told the guarantee will run out as the original heater, that is 2 years or 2000 hours.

I don't want to involve the law until I've found out if ITR or Calcutt can resolve the problem.

It's just that I would like to know if anyone else has had this problem.

That is far from correct. My understanding is that you have 6 years if it has an inherent fault but after one year you have to prove the fault. Talk to the CAB .