NB Yarwood

Athy

Featured Posts

Tongue in cheek.....is a four poster with built in vibrator absolutely necessary?????

smiley_offtopic.gif

Bloke who was tied on a pontoon near us over the winter had a second hand boat from one of the more upmarket hire companies (anybody remember the "Blue Riband club?). When he was doing a bit of refitting work, he lifted the bed base, and there underneath was a nice new vibrator, still in its original box.

I asked him if he flogged it on eBay, but he said he was too embarrassed to and just hid it in the skip…

captain.gif

As a rule i find theses kind of boats pretentious, and the owners less than down to earth and easy going, nothing else in canal land is posh, it's an old industrial waterway, they just don't fit in somehow.

( pull pin on grenade, throw at target, get your head down )

As a rule i find theses kind of boats pretentious, and the owners less than down to earth and easy going, nothing else in canal land is posh, it's an old industrial waterway, they just don't fit in somehow.

( pull pin on grenade, throw at target, get your head down )

Who does it say more about? them or you? I wonder..

Joe and Lesley are a great couple. Really welcoming. We have followed their Caxton blog and now their Yarwood blog for many years. Whenever we are near where they are on the system we pop and see them. If you are interested go knock on the hatch and Lesley will delight in showing you around and talking about Yarwood. We are doing just that when they get to Salters Lode. Both are passionate about the waterways and Narrowboats.

Just a quick thank you for the kind comments on our boat.

When we decided on having the shell built by Lambon we had already looked at some of the 'known' boat builders mentioned (plus others). Unlike many boat builders who have a take it or leave attitude, Lambon don't churn out a standard narrowboat shell, we saw a Dutch barge, a Thames sailing barge and a houseboat all very well built by this company.

Dave Moore commented on the colour scheme and we were very pleased to have his input and expertise. The finished scheme might not suit the purists, but it would be pretty boring if all boats had the same dull livery, and anyway it is (was) our money!

With regard to money I don't feel inclined to say how much, as that is my business. However, I can assure you that neither of us were born with silver spoons and have the ability to negotiate a good deal.

With regard to the fit out Stuart at Barnowl did our previous boat and has the experience and flexibility we wanted.

Edited by Yarwood

Just a quick thank you for the kind comments on our boat.

When we decided on having the shell built by Lambon we had already looked at some of the 'known' boat builders mentioned (plus others). Unlike many boat builders who have a take it or leave attitude, Lambon don't churn out a standard narrowboat shell, we saw a Dutch barge, a Thames sailing barge and a houseboat all very well built by this company.

Dave Moore commented on the colour scheme and we were very pleased to have his input and expertise. The finished scheme might not suit the purists, but it would be pretty boring if all boats had the same dull livery, and anyway it is (was) our money!

With regard to money I don't feel inclined to say how much, as that is my business. However, I can assure you that neither of us were born with silver spoons and have the ability to negotiate a good deal.

With regard to the fit out Stuart at Barnowl did our previous boat and has the experience and flexibility we wanted.

Welcome to you both. Sue took some good shots of you getting into Denver.