Shall I buy this stove?

DeanS

Featured Posts

Greetings.

Bowten is selling a Chinese manufactured stove for a good price. I'm happy to upgrade/replace it in a few years time, but I know nothing about this make of stove. I'll need to heat a widebeam, and this stove says it's 7KW. I'm very tempted to buy it, and the money I save can be used on other things. I'd like some guidance from the forum..as I dont have money to waste, but for the price, it seems a good buy to tide me over for a few years. Posted this new thread as most will probably not be relooking at Bowtens original post.

What do you think? I'm really just asking if there is anything dangerous etc about this type of stove...:)

Greetings.

Bowten is selling a Chinese manufactured stove for a good price. I'm happy to upgrade/replace it in a few years time, but I know nothing about this make of stove. I'll need to heat a widebeam, and this stove says it's 7KW. I'm very tempted to buy it, and the money I save can be used on other things. I'd like some guidance from the forum..as I dont have money to waste, but for the price, it seems a good buy to tide me over for a few years. Posted this new thread as most will probably not be relooking at Bowtens original post.

What do you think? I'm really just asking if there is anything dangerous etc about this type of stove...:)

hi we did fit a chinese pot belid stove at frist. but it was so badly made it was uncontrolby. so we got rid .the door and vents were a bad fit bob

hi we did fit a chinese pot belid stove at frist. but it was so badly made it was uncontrolby. so we got rid .the door and vents were a bad fit bob

Bowten isnt selling a pot bellied stove..he's selling a proper looking one (see his post:)

Most makes of pot bellied stove are well known for their uncontrolability.

I fitted a smaller 5kw Chinese stove in a W/beam boat 2 years ago and its given excellent service.

I'm looking at getting a new stove and the best deals and range seem to come from Machine Mart. From £95.00 inc Vat for a pot belly up to £700ish. Anybody know anything about them? Even though I'm still tempted to same up a bit more and get a Boatmen stove.

Kev

Thanks for everyones comments. Based on some who have used similar stoves, I've told Bowten I'm buying it :)

It looks like a bargain to me, and as you have suggested earlier it can always be ripped out and replaced in a few years if it proves to be rubbish, reading what others have written I doubt it will be.